Sunday, August 11, 2013

Save and Spurgle Mondays! - Sofa Seats and Lights OH MY!

I love Mondays!  It's a brand new week and a fresh start at spending money...lol!

Check out some of these Save and Splurge Monday finds!  Enjoy.  

This sofa from Kravet is GORGEOUS, I love the tufting and the simple lines of the high arms.  The nailhead trim detail is and interesting touch as it creates a pattern on the apron of the sofa.  Since this is a custom piece the price range varies depending on fabric choice.  However I can guess at the starting price of $2200. That's before you have to buy the fabric....jeepers!

NOW, LOOKY HERE!  This sofa is just as cute!  It's a little more beefy in the arms, but the style is very similar and will give you the same elegance in your space with the the tufting detail.  It's missing the nailhead but if you're feeling the DIY fever then add it yourself.  It's actually not that difficult.  This one is from Home Decorators.com and has a price tag of $849.00 and it already comes with the fabric.  It's limited in terms of color choices but I still love the look of this sofa.  It actually looks more comfortable than the Kravet piece.
Lakewood Tufted Sofa 

How I love Barbra Berry....let me count the ways....one (elegant style), two (clean detailing), three (super sexy curves)....four, ok I could go on for a while.  They gave this armchair the PERFECT NAME, Graceful!   Yes I find this chair to be just that.  Graceful, elegant and pristine.  Like a fine tailored business suit.  The structured back, the tight seat cushion and the contrasting exposed wood.  This armchair is beautiful and CRAZY expensive.  We used this chair in a design a while back.  I can't remember the exact price, but I do remember it was a tough sell because of the price. 




This one is made by a company called Bailey Street.  They have changed up the style slightly by making the back a little straighter.  It doesn't follow the same rounded back as the Barry chair.  They have removed the arms and added a scalloped detail to the apron and legs.  However, it still carries the same oval cut out detail on the back giving this chair the same elegance at $498.00.

Clarissa Glass Drop Extra-Long Rectangular Chandelier

Let's touch on lighting for a second....This fixture is sooooo pretty.  It gives your space that vintage look and would look phenomenal in a dressing room, closet, or even a chic dining room.  Actually there are so many places I would use this piece.  The teardrop glass pieces remind me of a summer rain storm (corny I know, but it does).  I love that they paired the droplets with an antique filigree finish on iron.  The contrasting finishes adds wonderful texture to the piece and makes you appreciate it's individuality.  I also LOVE that it's rectangular.  Most dining rooms have rectangular shaped tables or oval so this little baby would look even better keeping with the shape of a table.  This is from Pottery Barn and it's called the Clarissa Glass Drop Chandelier and it's a WHOPPING $800 buckeroos!  BUT GOODNESS it's pretty!

This Crystal Glass Drop 3-Light Antique Copper Chandelier from Overstock.com works perfectly as the Clarissa stunt double and at a price tag of $170.00 you just can't beat that.  It's smaller in size to the Clarissa but the design is just as pretty.  I have used this chandelier in a small Manhattan apartment and the client and I couldn't have been happier.  YES it was a gamble purchasing this one from Overstock.com after seeing the Clarissa, but I'm glad we did.  It still cast a fair amount of light and it was lite on the the pocketbook...lol.


I hope you enjoyed that!  I did!  I love sharing bargain deals with you and I hope that you subscribe to my blog so I can continue to inform the FRUGALISTAS of the world about the look for less!

Ciao for Now!
-Q-






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below, I love hearing feedback.