Sunday, July 7, 2013

Capella Kicheloe - "Maga Makeover"

Capella Kincheloe Interior Design does a great job at keeping this light and airy yet colorful and visual exciting.  I like the use of an accent wall done in a graffic pattern.  It really sets of the seating arrangement place in front.  Since the picture doesn't source the products in this photo, I can tell you what the retail price of the items might be, but I can still find affordable subs to get you started.

For example, the wallcovering in the space is a really pretty gray and white Moroccan pattern.  I like the idea of adding texture to the walls with this gray and white contrast.  It's dramatic without it being over the top.  I found this gray and white pattern below, Allen Roth Spanish Tile Wallcovering from Lowes at $20.98 per double roll.  That's a pretty good price considering most designer wall covering are averaging about $45.00 per roll.


allen + roth Spanish Tile Wallpaper  

The lamps in the photo appear to be of a crystal variety.  Again, I can't be for certain, but many have probably seem this trendy style of lamp in your local TJ Maxx, Homegoods, or ANY HOME STORE for that matter.  They are extremely popular and very affordable.  I found these Quad Stacked Crystal Lamps from LampsPlus.com the set is $149.00.  

Set of 2 Quad Stacked Crystal Table Lamps 

That coffee table in the picture looks like it came STRAIGHT out of the box from IKEA.  SHHHOOOOTT!  IKEA, well I can't bet those prices...lol. LACK coffee table from Ikea in white for $19.99
LACK Coffee table IKEA Separate shelf for magazines, etc. helps you keep your things organized and the table top clear. 
I love the graphic print fabric on the throw pillows.  It gives the neutral sofa some dimension and color.  I chose this Bail Toss Pillow in Navy from Target.com $31.00 because I think the pattern design is not only similar, but a little easier on the eye.  It's not as bold as the one in the photo because of it's selective negative space in the design.  
Bali Toss Pillow - Navy (16.5x16.5")  
I want to point out the cobalt glass on the table because I think the designer did a great job selecting just the right piece to bring more life into the design.  Cobalt blue is one of my favorite colors, but you have to be very careful with this tricky devil.  It can go wrong in a heart beat.  You have to use it right, and when you do it brings such a royal quality to your look.  The glassware on the table is actually a vase but I like the item of putting a jar on the table instead of flowers.  One like this Colbalt Blue Glass Biscuit Jar from Galesgifts.com for $8.00, is perfect.  You can stash some yummy treats in them for when you're lounging on the sofa or reading a book in your comfy chair.



Speaking of chairs, the one in the photo is a good mixture of exposed frame and upholstery.  It creates this cozy yet firm, structured yet stylish, soft yet firm look to it.  Kind of like salty and sweet.  That's right ladies, you know what I'm talking about.  That salty sweet combo is no different then the cravings for a good piece of furniture.....lol, at least in my eyes.   LOVE THEM! However they can be hard to find.  I like these armless chairs too.  They definitely give off the comfy vibes, and the exposed legs still gives you a little salty....lol.


Dexter Navy Armless Chair $235.99
I'm not a fan of the animal print foot stool in front of the coffee table, but if you are I would suggest a place like Homegoods, Garden Ridge, and other home discount store such as those.  I see them come through those places all the time.

Well I hope you enjoyed that "Maga Makeover".  If you have a magazine picture that you would like me to try and recreate, please feel free to email me the photo at thatsyourqdesigns@gmail.com

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below, I love hearing feedback.