Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Kids Table - Thanksgiving

The key to having a pleasant Thanksgiving meal......THE KIDS TABLE.....stock that baby up with tons of activities and crafts and maybe you will get a chance to exactly chew your food instead of inhaling it so you can grab little jimmy before he makes his grand Superman dive off you're Great Aunts Antique furniture.

Here are some of the crafts I did for my client's kid table.  They had five kids at their dinner and I wanted to make sure each one of them felt special and had fun.  I made these Turkey craft boxes as place cards, a way to keep them busy with crafts, and a place to put the crafts when they are done and take them home with them.  Here's how I did it.

Materials 
The materials you will need need are:
1. Paper box....you can get these from dollar tree, Michaels, or hobby lobby really cheap.  I got these from Michaels for $2.99 each
2. Tags....you can either buy some premade tags at the craft stores or you can make your own.  I had some left over from another project so I used these.
3. Embellishments...it can be anything your creative mind can think of.  I'm using these paper flowers I got from Michales in the clearance section for $1.00
4. Scrapbook paper....I coordinated my paper with the paper flowers.  I tried to make sure each one was different for each child
5. Craft foam... I got mine at the dollar tree
6. Lastly, ribbon....I am using a burlap ribbon from Michaels.

Ok, let's get started.

First make a turkey head template
Trace and cut out on the craft foam




Next hot glue your ribbon around the sides
of your paper box
                   
                            Cover the overlap of ribbon with your
                  paper tag using your glue gun



Add your embellishment over top of
the tag to cover the glue marks
Fold your scrapbook paper accordion style
folding back and forth.  You can judge how
large you want the folds.

Fold in half 
Glue the two halves together

Once dry pull apart to make a fan
Turn it over and hot glue it to the back
of the paper box.  This creates the turkey feathers

Glue the turkey head that you cut
 out ahead of time to the inner part of
 the box in the front
You may need to hold it there for a little
until the glue has fully dried



Next cut out some feet
And glue them to the bottom of the
paper box so they show in the front

Print the kids names out on labels and stick them to the tags on the front of the box.  I later added a turkey face that I got off a google image search.  And you're done!  I hope you have a happy, healthy and safe Turkey Day!  Happy Crafting, Ciao for Now!
-Q-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below, I love hearing feedback.